It’s the start of a new year, and there is one word lingering in our collective consciousness - RESOLUTIONS.
Every January, we promise ourselves that we’ll get in better shape, or save more money, or make more time for family and friends, or quit a bad habit…and then we’re left feeling guilty when things don’t go as planned.
Nonsense! Where did we get the idea that a new year should start with fixing something that isn’t broken? In 2023, we say “To hell!'' with that mindset. You want this to be a banner year? Ditch the empty promises, and instead:
- Do the things you love more often.
- Let go of people or situations that drain you.
- Be in the moment. Live one day at a time.
- Add 10 minutes of morning meditation to your daily schedule. You’ll make smarter moves.
- Declutter all things that don’t add value to your life, physically, mentally, and emotionally.
- Surround yourself with the people who make you shine.
- Get uncomfortable. Run towards the things that scare you. Fear is a reaction. Courage is a decision.
This year, stop the negative self-talk. Take a second to realize how far you’ve come and think about everything you’ve done to get here. Let go and realize that no one will EVER have everything figured out. Life is a work in progress, so don’t let a fruitless search for perfection prevent you from sitting back and enjoying the sun.
Here’s your blank slate. You have 12 chapters and 365 chances to make this year anything and everything you want it to be. Let’s make it the best year yet!